Here are a few important things to note about upcoming changes to our club schedule and activities:
1. We will be extending club meetings until December 19th, same time and place. (No meeting on December 26th.) Meetings resume January 2nd, 7:00pm in Rm 155 Irving K. Barber.
2. We will no longer offer a "free" icebreaker for guests, as we have a number of members who wish to speak and have priority in acquiring speech slots. This offer may resume once the summer term begins.
3. There will now be a waiting list for members interested in doing speeches. If you wish to do a speech for an upcoming meeting, please email Cass (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she will notify you via email of when the next available dates are.
4. New members are encouraged to work towards their Competent Leadership certification by taking on officer roles which require less experience, such as timer, ah-counter, grammarian, quiz master, and invocator. We encourage all members to take on any of these officer roles, and encourage more experienced members to take on roles such as evaluator, table topics master, table topics evaluator, chair, and general evaluator.
5. We continue to accept new members every week. If you are interested, please visit the How Do I Become a Member tab for more information and come by to one of our weekly meetings! :)